Berlitz is a market leader in language instruction, cross-cultural consulting and global leadership training throughout the world.
As the largest language training services provider in the world, Berlitz has been teaching languages for over 140 years, and offers training in over 50+ languages, and has helped over 31 million people speak new languages. The time-proven principles of the Berlitz Method®, a communicative teaching approach, are constantly enhanced with new and updated programs and the latest learning technology.
Job ID: BHK-18023
The Title: English Language Instructor (Full Time / Part Time)
Location: Hong Kong office
Summary of the Position:
The Instructor, reporting directly to the Local manager of Instruction (LMI), is responsible for providing the highest level of customer service and ensuring the customers’ experience at Berlitz meets or exceeds their expectations. The Instructor gives high quality, learner-centered, goal-oriented language instruction which follows the teaching principles and techniques of the Berlitz Method. He/she creates a positive classroom atmosphere where customers are motivated, satisfied, and their needs and goals are met. The Instructor is committed to, and actively participates in, professional development programs to enhance the quality and consistency of product delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Deliver learner-centered, goal-oriented lessons using the Berlitz Method and teaching principles
- Teach beginner, intermediate and advanced-level students of all ages in large classes, groups and private lessons, both at the Language Center and at company/client locations
- Support implementation of the Berlitz Learning Cycle at all levels of instruction
- Complete all administrative tasks (progress cards, teacher slips, reports etc.) in a timely manner
- Communicate issues, concerns and requests directly to supervisor in a timely manner
- Align behavior with the company’s strategic objectives and the Five Berlitz Principles
- Conduct student level checks, counseling, and confirmation and make recommendations for customer programs, progress and improvement
- Support LC activities, parties, open houses and other events
- Conduct placements, do level-checks, write reports, conduct tests, and develop materials
- Accept and carry out additional responsibilities to support the Language Center and other instructors as assigned by LMI
- College degree or equivalent background
- Native fluency in desired language
- Appropriate visa status
- Provide availability that meets the needs of the LC
- Successful completion of all Instructor Qualification Program modules
- Agree to be observed, evaluated, and to provide self-assessment feedback
- Agree to participate in non-teaching activities
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with other Berlitz employees
- Commit to follow the Berlitz International and local Codes of Conduct
If you are interested in joining the Berlitz team, please send your resume with expected salary, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.